All meals are prepared on our premises by our centre cook and include breakfast, morning tea, lunch, afternoon tea and supper. We offer a four week rotating menu with vegetarian options. We endeavor to use organic and seasonal produce where we can. We regularly review and update our menu in line with current guidelinesincorporating recommendations from www.eatforhealth.gov.au
Our centre has a Five Star Quality Rating awarded by the Glen Eira Council and we comply with the requirements of the Food Safety Plan that is assessed annually by both local council and an independent Auditor.
To ensure a varied and nutritious menu our cooks plan using the guidelines from Nutrition Australia and dietitian staff.
Recipe Of The Month
1 cup plain flour
1 cup sugar
1 cup oats
1/2 cup coconut
125 grams butter
1 tbs boiling water
1/2 tsp bicarb soda
1. Mix flour, sugar, oats and coconut together in mixing bowl
2. Melt butter and syrup in microwave or stove
3. Mix boiling water and bicarb together.
4. Add bicarb mixture to butter mixture, then add to flour mixture
5. Make small balls and place on tray, not too close together as they spread.
6. Flatten both ways with a fork, bake at 170 degrees for 7-10 minutes.