All meals are prepared on our premises by our centre cooks and include breakfast, morning snack , lunch, afternoon snack and a fruit supper. We offer a four week rotating menu with vegetarian options. We endeavor to use organic and seasonal produce where we can. We regularly review and update our menu in line with current guidelines incorporating recommendations from www.eatforhealth.gov.au
Our centres have a Five Star Quality Rating awarded by the Glen Eira Council and we comply with the requirements of a Food Safety Plan that is assessed annually by both local council and an independent auditor.
To ensure a varied and nutritious menu our cooks plan using the guidelines from Nutrition Australia and a dietitian.
Buddies Special Recipe
1 cup plain flour
1 cup sugar
1 cup oats
1/2 cup coconut
125 grams butter
1 tbs boiling water
1/2 tsp bicarb soda
1. Mix flour, sugar, oats and coconut together in mixing bowl
2. Melt butter and syrup in microwave or stove
3. Mix boiling water and bicarb together.
4. Add bicarb mixture to butter mixture, then add to flour mixture
5. Make small balls and place on tray, not too close together as they spread.
6. Flatten both ways with a fork, bake at 170 degrees for 7-10 minutes.